SIG Academic Evening Workshops prepare students for success in the 21st century world. These workshops offer a foundation for interdisciplinary and integrative skills that enhance one's skills for academics, future careers, and civic responsibilities in and to the world. All residential students in grades 6-12 students are required to participate in one evening workshop of their choice and will remain in that workshop for the duration of the program.
Our academic evening workshops:
• Introduce students to the practice of critical reflection and self-awareness as an essential component for twenty-first-century academic, leadership, and career success.
• Challenge students to critically examine ethical responsibilities and choices locally and globally.
• Foster intercultural awareness and social-emotional competencies.
• Encourage intellectual curiosity about one's responsibility to the local and global community.
• Evaluate the benefits and challenges of interdisciplinary conversations through proactive conversations and debate in the community, classroom, and professional spaces.